Notice is given that on Friday, March 1, 2019, beginning at 9:00 a.m. (ET), at 34 Forbes Street, Apalachicola, Florida, the Franklin County Board of County Commissioners shall hold a special meeting to address the following matters:
- Discuss and possibly take action on moving next week’s County Commission regular meeting date from Tuesday, March 5, 2019 to Wednesday, March 6, 2019 at 9:00 a.m.
- Discuss and possibly take action on RESTORE report items that will be presented by Mr. Alan Pierce. Pierce will not have a RESTORE report at next week’s Board of County Commission’s regular meeting.
- Discuss and possibly take action on approving funding for the Franklin County Seahawks boys basketball team as they travel to participate in the State Championship tournament that will be held on Monday, March 4, 2019 and Tuesday, March 5, 2019, in Lakeland, Florida.
- Discuss and possibly take action on declaring an emergency to override the County’s bid policy to replace the current HVAC system for offices located in the Courthouse Annex building.
- Discuss and possibly take action on a temporary option for Building Official services in the County.
- Discuss and possibly take action on a request to the FDOT Secretary concerning the start date of FDOT financial responsibility for the monitoring and removal of debris from Hurricane Michael. The State issued its memorandum of financial responsibility on 10/14/18. Franklin County sent in a response on both 10/15/18 and again on 10/18/18. FDOT has notified Franklin County EOC that it will accept financial responsibility effective 10/18/18. Franklin County activated its contractors immediately after Hurricane Michael and incurred $126,978.71 in storm related expenses.
The public is invited to attend the public meeting and provide public comment.
The meeting room is handicap accessible; however, those persons who may require special assistance to attend the public meeting must make arrangements in advance by calling Deputy Clerk Lori Hines at 850-653-8861, x100 at least one business day in advance of the meeting.
Any person who may desire to challenge the outcome of the meeting is responsible for recording a verbatim transcript of the meeting.