The Weems Governing Board of Directors is seeking volunteers to represent District 1 (Comm. Jones) and District 5 (Comm. Ward). The Board meets at least monthly for about 3 hours. Regular attendance at the monthly Board meetings would be required.
Below is an excerpt from the Board By-laws below if you have any interested parties who would like additional information prior to commitment.
Powers of the Weems Hospital Advisory Board:
- Subject to ratification by the Franklin County Board of County Commissioners, employ a CEO and other such staff or consultants or management entities as are necessary to carry out the responsibilities of the Board. If the Franklin County Board of County Commissioners withholds such ratification, then the Board shall not employ such CEO, consultant, or management entity. The Board need not seek ratification by the Franklin County Board of County Commissioners to employ the day-to-day staff of the hospital or consultants (excluding companies managing Weems).
- Determine matters of policy regarding the delivery of public health services to the residents of Franklin County and recommend same to the County.
- Approve operating and capital budgets, subject to approval of the County.
- Manage such revenues as are generated by the hospital or as are provided by the County to the Board for operations.
- Review, evaluate, and approve recommendations from physicians and practitioners for appointment and reappointment to the Medical Staff including approval of clinical privileges.
- Oversee the quality and efficiency of care provided to Hospital patients through review of patient safety reports, incident trending reports, and Medical Staff including approval of clinical privileges.
- Assist the hospital in external marketing and public relations programs where practical and feasible.
- Actively participate in Board education and orientation programs conducted by Hospital or other professional personnel.
- Advise hospital management and administration on the scope, availability, and accessibility of patient care services and community health care needs.
- Assure that hospital management establishes and maintains sufficient policies, procedures, processes, and systems to accurately bill and collect for services rendered to Hospital patients, regardless of payer class.
- Periodically review and appraise the performance of the CEO.
- Review and approve amendments and changes to the Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules, and Regulations to assure consistency with the mission and purpose of the Hospital.
Administrative Assistant / Accounts Payable
Ph (850)653-8853 ext. 143