SGI PLAYGROUND IS READY FOR PLAY!
The Franklin County Board of County Commissioners are excited to announce the opening of the
SGI Inclusive Playground at Lighthouse Park
Please be aware: although the playground is now open and ready for play, a formal ribbon cutting ceremony to thank all participants, donors and volunteers will be held sometime in the Spring after completion of all project elements – project elements remaining to be completed at this time are as follows:
- 12’ x 24’ Picnic Pavilion/Shade Structure on West Side of Playground with Picnic Tables
- Companion Shade Structure on East Side of Playground
- Swing set Installation to the west of the picnic pavilion
- Auditory musical toy to be installed in the vicinity of the picnic pavilion
- Turtle Friendly Bollard Lights
- Drought tolerant, low maintenance, native landscaping (shade trees)
- Signage acknowledging funding agencies and donors
The commission would also like to thank all who are making this project possible as improvements are being funded through a grant through the Florida Department of Environmental Protection, Tourist Development Sales Tax Proceeds (Beach Park Facility Funding), and generous community donations from businesses and individuals through the fundraising channels of the St. George Island Civic Club.