The Building Services Division reviews proposed construction plans, issues permits, performs inspections on construction and investigates building code complaints. The Building Services Division provides permitting and inspection services for the City of Apalachicola as well as the unincorporated areas of Franklin County including, St. George Island, Eastpoint and Alligator Point. The Building Services Division also oversees Contractor Licensing and Address Numbering.
Are you looking for permit information? Would you like to know the status of your Inspection? Just use our Building Permit Search Portal
For permit submittals and general Building questions, please email email@example.com or call (850) 653-9783 extension 373.
- DEMOLITION PERMIT APPLICATION
- DEVELOPMENT PERMIT APPLICATION
- Electrical Upgrade and Wiring Permit Application
- Final Inspection and CO Request Form
- MOBILE HOME PERMIT APPLICATION
- NEW RESIDENTIAL BUILDING
- RENOVATION REPAIR PERMIT APPLICATION W NOC AND OBA
- SECONDARY STRUCTURE APPLICATION NOC OBA
- SITE PREP PERMIT APPLICATION
- Substantial Improvement Application
- SUPPLEMENTAL PERMIT APPLICATION
- SWIMMING POOL PERMIT APPLICATION W NOC
- WINDOW PERMIT APPLICATION W NOC
- Affidavit of Height & Stories
- Dumpster Affidavit
- Elevation Certification Affidavit
- Owner/Builder Affidavit
- Roof Inspection Affidavit
- Temporary Power Affidavit
- Termite Affidavit
- Turtle Lighting Affidavit
- V Zone Certification Affidavit
- HVAC Infiltration Test Affidavit
- Elevation Certification Notice
- Roof Inspection
- 911 VERIFICATION FORM (Email completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Commercial Instructions
- Critical Shoreline Inspection Application
- Engineers/Portalets/Dumpster/Termite Vendors
- Flood Verification Application
- Flow Thru Vent Detail
- Inspection Schedule
- Notice Of Commencement
- Notice Of Termination
- Site Plan
- Nonconversion Agreement
- Building: Any construction, remodeling, renovation, addition, moving or demolition of a building or structure.
- Mobile Home Set-Up: Any new set-up and any change-out.
- Electrical: Any installation, addition or major repair
- Plumbing: Any installation, addition or major repair.
- Mechanical: Any installation, addition or major repair.
- Gas: Any installation, addition or major repair.
- Swimming Pool: Any new construction and any structural change or repair.
- Sign: Any new construction and any structural change or repair.
- Dock & Seawall: Any new construction and any structural change or repair.
- Fire Safety: Required for certificate of occupancy (new construction) and as required or requested for day cares, restaurants, etc.
- Alarm: Any new installation, any panel changes, and any additions to existing systems.
- Land Clearing: Any clearing of land in the unincorporated area of Franklin County that involves the clearing of trees with heavy equipment. Bush hogging does not require a permit. Likewise, any agricultural or forestry work does not require a permit.
- Roofing: Any replacement or repair of more than 100 square feet for a residential project. Any commercial installation or major repair.
Permit requests: email@example.com / 850-653-9783, Ext. 373
Steve Paterson- Building Official/Inspector
Phone: 850-653-9783, Ext. 373 / Fax: 850-653-9799
Angela Lolley- Floodplain Administrator
Phone: 850-653-9783, Ext. 167 / Fax: 850-653-9799