The Building Services Division reviews proposed construction plans, issues permits, performs inspections on construction and investigates building code complaints. The Building Services Division provides permitting and inspection services for the City of Apalachicola as well as the unincorporated areas of Franklin County including, St. George Island, Eastpoint and Alligator Point.
The Building Services Division also oversees Contractor Licensing and Address Numbering.
Garry Millender- Building Official
Phone: 850-653-9783, Ext. 157 / Mobile: 850-653-5570 / Fax: 850-653-9799
Amy Kelly- Floodplain & Zoning Administrator
Phone: 850-653-9783, Ext. 167 / Fax: 850-653-9799
Cheyenne Cruson- Licensing & Permitting Specialist
Phone: 850-653-9783, Ext. 156 / Fax: 850-653-9799
Sharon Stone- Licensing and Permitting Specialist
Phone: 850-653-9783, Ext. 180/Fax: 850-653-9799
Building Permit Public Search Portal:
- 911 Verification Application
- Affidavit of Height & Stories
- Commercial Instructions
- Complaint Application
- Critical Shoreline Application
- Development Application
- Dock Application
- Dumpster Affidavit
- Elevation Certification Affidavit
- Engineers/Portalets/Dumpster/Termite Vendors
- Fee/Fine Schedule
- Flood Verification Application
- Flow Thru Vent Detail
- Inspection Schedule
- Mobile Home Application
- Notice Of Commencement
- Notice Of Termination
- Owner/Builder Affidavit
- Residential Instructions
- Roof Inspection Affidavit
- Site Plan
- Subdivision Ordinance
- Substantial Improvement Application
- Temporary Power Affidavit
- Termite Affidavit
- Turtle Lighting Affidavit
- V Zone Certification Affidavit
- Zoning Ordinance
- Flood Map
- Florida Building Commission
- DBPR – License Portal
- Mobile Home Installers
- Septic Tank Installers
- Building: Any construction, remodeling, renovation, addition, moving or demolition of a building or structure.
- Mobile Home Set-Up: Any new set-up and any change-out.
- Electrical: Any installation, addition or major repair
- Plumbing: Any installation, addition or major repair.
- Mechanical: Any installation, addition or major repair.
- Gas: Any installation, addition or major repair.
- Swimming Pool: Any new construction and any structural change or repair.
- Sign: Any new construction and any structural change or repair.
- Dock & Seawall: Any new construction and any structural change or repair.
- Fire Safety: Required for certificate of occupancy (new construction) and as required or requested for day cares, restaurants, etc.
- Alarm: Any new installation, any panel changes, and any additions to existing systems.
- Land Clearing: Any clearing of land in the unincorporated area of Franklin County that requires the removal of protected trees or requires a “bush hog” or heavy equipment. If the project is 3 acres or less a permit is required to be obtained from the Builders Services Division. If more than 3 acres a development order must be obtained from the Planning & Zoning Division.
- Roofing: Any replacement or repair of more than 100 square feet for a residential project. Any commercial installation or major repair.