This division is responsible for the administration of the Franklin County Comprehensive Plan, Zoning Code administration and engineering department. The Planning and Zoning Division reviews all developments (excluding single family homes) for consistency with the Franklin County Land Use Code and Comprehensive Plan.
There are several ways to learn more about the zoning classification, district requirements and land use classifications of all properties in the unincorporated areas of Franklin County. You can view your property’s zoning and land use classifications online through our NEW interactive zoning map and our Zoning Ordinance.
Are you looking at a piece of property in Franklin County and not sure what it’s zoned? Try our new interactive Zoning Map Here! You can search by Parcel ID or by Property Address. Try it out!
NEW PLANNING & ZONING ADJUSTMENT BOARD NEWS!
Please note, the new application deadline for Planning & Zoning Adjustment Board Meeting is the 2nd Tuesday of each month. Please see our Upcoming Meetings page Calendar at https://www.franklincountyflorida.com/events/ for meeting dates and Application deadline dates.
Planning & Zoning Adjustment Board Agenda/Minutes:
- 911 VERIFICATION FORM – Fillable (email completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dock Permit Application (to be completed after Planning & Zoning approval – See PZA Critical Shoreline Application below)
Planning and Zoning Board Applications:
- PZA Board Variance Application
- PZA Board Commercial Development Application Fillable (New Commercial Developments)
- PZA Board Critical Shoreline Application (Docks, Piers, Seawalls, Retention Walls)
- Re-zoning & land use Application
- PZA Board Special Exception Application
- Sketch Plat Application
- Preliminary Plat Application
- Final Plat Application
More Planning Maps:
- Zoning Map
- Land Use Map
- County base map boundary
- National Wetlands Inventory
- Critical Shoreline Ordinance
- Subdivision Ordinance
- Franklin County Comprehensive Plan
Cortni Bankston- Zoning Administrator
Phone: 850-653-9783, Option 4/ Fax: 850-653-9799
Mark Curenton- County Planner
Phone: 850-653-9783, Option 5 / Fax: 850-653-9799