The Airport Operations Economic Development Board will meet in regular session on Tuesday, June 13, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. (ET). This meeting will be held at the County’s Emergency Operations Center, located at 28 Airport Road in Apalachicola. The public is welcomed to attend.
SGI PLAYGROUND IS READY FOR PLAY!
SGI PLAYGROUND IS READY FOR PLAY!
The Franklin County Board of County Commissioners are excited to announce the opening of the
SGI Inclusive Playground at Lighthouse Park
Please be aware: although the playground is now open and ready for play, a formal ribbon cutting ceremony to thank all participants, donors and volunteers will be held sometime in the Spring after completion of all project elements – project elements remaining to be completed at this time are as follows:
- 12’ x 24’ Picnic Pavilion/Shade Structure on West Side of Playground with Picnic Tables
- Companion Shade Structure on East Side of Playground
- Swing set Installation to the west of the picnic pavilion
- Auditory musical toy to be installed in the vicinity of the picnic pavilion
- Turtle Friendly Bollard Lights
- Drought tolerant, low maintenance, native landscaping (shade trees)
- Signage acknowledging funding agencies and donors
The commission would also like to thank all who are making this project possible as improvements are being funded through a grant through the Florida Department of Environmental Protection, Tourist Development Sales Tax Proceeds (Beach Park Facility Funding), and generous community donations from businesses and individuals through the fundraising channels of the St. George Island Civic Club.
New Important Information – FENCE PERMITS
At the May 16, 2023 Board of County Commission meeting, the Board voted to resume requiring permits for Commercial and Residential Fences in Franklin County.
COMMERCIAL & RESIDENTIAL FENCE PERMITS
- Do you need Planning & Zoning Approval for a Commercial or Residential Fence?
- What documents are required when submitting a fence permit?
- Where do you submit your fence permit application?
- How long does it take for my permit to be processed once it’s been received?
- How do we make payment?
- How long is my permit good for?
You can find all the answers to these questions and more on the Zoning Department website here
If you have any questions, please contact the Zoning Department at 850-653-5337
“Buddy” Ward Seafood Landing Park Closure
The “Buddy” Ward Seafood Landing Park (628 Highway 98, Apalachicola) will be closed until July 1, 2023. During this time, the park will used as a staging area for the dredging company during the Two Mile Dredge Project. Franklin County appreciates the public’s cooperation during this time.
Franklin County Public Hearings
County Commission Public Hearings
The Franklin County Board of County Commissioners meetings are held every first and third Tuesday of every month. Public Hearings are typically carried out during the second board meeting of the month.
Public Hearings are normally considered in the order they appear on the agenda starting at 10:30AM.
To see the date of the next hearing, or any upcoming hearings, visit the Public Hearings page.
To see details on upcoming hearings and other meetings, including links to attend those meetings virtually, see the Meetings and Agendas Page.
Meeting Location: Courthouse Annex – 34 Forbes Street, Apalachicola, FL 32320